The word “revolutionary” is often tossed about in describing anti-aging treatments to the point of becoming a cliché. Thankfully, with BroadBand Light (BBL) therapy, the cliché is in fact true. All the usual indications of aging, including wrinkles, uneven skin texture and age spots, may be removed with BBL therapy at our office in Edmonds. The damage that aging can do to your skin may be greatly reduced, giving you a more youthful appearance.
BBL works by using short blasts of high-intensity light that heats the upper layers of your skin. The heat will be absorbed by the pigment and coloration in the treatment areas and fragment it. This stimulates the generation of collagen, which is what gives your skin elasticity and strength and replaces dead skin cells. The treatment will restore the aged-looking skin to a more youthful and smoother appearance, as well as reduce the appearance of age and sunspots and certain scars. It may also eliminate small capillaries that look red just beneath the skin.
BBL has a powerful rejuvenating effect on the symptoms of aging. Here are a few of the main benefits of BBL therapy:
- Treatment of common skin concerns – BBL may not only restore damaged skin, but offer age-defying results as well. It is able to do this because the laser light penetrates deeper, causing changes at the molecular level, and rejuvenates the cells to form new cells.
- Anti-aging benefits — The remarkable results that are achieved with BBL in correcting skin conditions go deeper than the outer appearance and actually alters the aging process so that fresh cells create younger-looking skin.
- Can be used on any part of the body – BBL is suitable for the neck, face, arms, hands or chest. You can have a consultation with our specialist in Edmonds to see if you are a candidate for this therapy and formulate a customized course of treatment.
- Little to no downtime — The treatment is non-invasive, resulting in little to no recovery for the patient.
- Long-lasting results — Studies have been done on BBL for over 10 years, showing that regular treatments do give long-lasting results where the patient’s skin looks younger, clearer and smoother.
During your initial consultation at Elysium Medical Arts Center in Edmonds, we may create a personal rejuvenation plan that addresses your concerns and priorities using BBL treatments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!